Monday, February 23, 2009

Introduction to Web 2.0

Welcome to the Lerd Word!

I am excited to begin my Web2.0 training and everything that goes along with it. While I am an avid Facebooker and occasionally think to check out YouTube, I am new to blogging and some of the other great features of Web2.0.

Embarrassing as it is to admit, I have never heard the term Web2.0 before and found myself a little confused. So I am thrilled to have this training opportunity, especially to learn how I can use these new tools professionally.

You maybe asking yourself, "What is a Lerd?"

Thanks to my yearbook background, I am a yerd or Yearbook Nerd. I can recognize fonts on movie titles, I know a few PMS colors by heart (thats Pantone Matching System), and I do judge books by their cover. The longer I work at the library the more I realize that I am a Library Nerd as well, and so thus begins the life of a Lerd!

No comments:

Post a Comment