Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Escape Theory

Escape Theory: a Keaton School Novel by Margaux Froley

Publication Date 3/12/2013

Teen, 14+

ARC used for review.

Personal Ranking 3.5 out of 5







Welcome to the Keaton School 


One crazy night can change your life. No one knows just how true that is more than Devon and Hutch, who met as freshman at the Keaton boarding school. Then after just one night of pancakes, poetry and promises, they have a connection that no one even knows about. Hutch was a legacy student, with a charmed life and loads of friends. Now, two years later at the beginning of their junior year, Hutch's life is cut short as the result of a suspected suicide. As if Hutch's death turning her world upside down wasn't bad enough, Devon is not the only participant in the school's new Peer Counseling program. Now, after Hutch's death, her first assignment in the program becomes providing support for Hutch's closest friends and trying to help them acknowledge their own demons. But, something doesn't feel right, and Devon finds herself deeper into the secret underworld of Keaton while she becomes obsessed with proving that the real Hutch was the boy she shared that one crazy night with two years ago.



have read so many mysteries lately that I thought I knew just who would betray who and how the story would end. I thought I knew, but I had no idea.

Now I am left with questions, like why did Devon and Hutch never spent time together again after those Nutter Butter pancakes? (What are the best tips for mastering the art of Nutter Butter pancakes.) Even though I didn't expect to really like this book, I ended up blown away by the twists and turns. (And no, no spoilers.  If I was stunned, I want you to be too!)  Devon was really able to help her peers, she gained their trust and kept at if even after being let go from the program. I am really excited to see what happens next in the second book of the Keaton School.

No comments:

Post a Comment