Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 6: If a Picture Paints a Thousand Words then Why Can't I Paint You?

Photo sharing. While my photography skills do not allow me to be labeled as anything higher then an 'Amature Shutterbug,' my background does provide me with journalistic and candid photo composition experience. While I do think that digital photography is one of the best things to happen since sliced cheese, it has become a lot more expensive to print out my photographs.

Which is one of the many reasons that I love being able to upload my photos online. For sharing with my friends I will admit that I do tend to utilize Facebook more for that purpose, I also do have (and need to start using) my Snapfish account. Its one of those online accounts that I have had for several years because someone wanted to share there album with me. In fact, I might be on Shutterfly too, but I'm not even sure.

I enjoyed learned more about Flickr this week, but other then for creating promotional pieces or slideshows, I am unsure as how I would use this for work. Professionally, I would be more inclined to use Snapfish or a site more like it, where we could give patrons a username and password to access library pictures. In addition to a photo release form, I would feel more comfortable if I new the entire world didn't have access.

I would also like to thank the band Bread for providing the title for this weeks blog from their song "If." I know that I have strayed from my movie theme, but just this once I thought it was important.

No comments:

Post a Comment