Saturday, May 8, 2010

Old Habits are Hard to Break

Hello Day 2!


Today was spent learning how to set up the desk and how to do a reference interview. Only, as slow as it was, I didn't get to do much practice. I have a lot to learn about reference interviews, but I am hoping that I will be able to transfer my PSS (or Professional Selling Skills) to this new environment. This should actually turn out to be easier since the aspect I disliked the most about sales has been removed from the situation. With the help of DL I was able to find some great resources, so let the studying begin!

One lesson that I have already learned is that I am going to have to one day break all of my circulation habits. For now, it just feels weird to say "around the corner to the circ desk."

I am enjoying helping patrons find books and learning how to put items on hold. What little experience I got today was completely worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment