Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weeding and Wicca and Weddings, Oh My!

Day 4, what a day. Spent time on the desk, mostly looking up book availability for patrons; but did get to see some cool and unique stuff.

First, we helped a patron print off his wedding vows. The groom, along with a groomsman and looking very nice in their morning suits came in to print off his vows. Note to self, for the future the next time a groom in tux enters the building ask him what time the ceremony is. I hope that I didn't make him too late, and that the bride-to-be will think him getting a library card on the way to the wedding is a cute story, if not today then maybe down the road.

Next was the patron who called to request spell casting books. Unfortunatly, those books tend to weed themselves, so I hope that she was eventually able to find what she was looking for.

Lastly, I got to see a couple examples of collection Weeding. KC showed me the CREW guide and talked me through some of the situations she was working through with the Reference collection. I also learned from KH as she weeded some YA paperbacks. I was able to turn watching her into a mental excercise by trying to anticipate her decision before she made it.

Overall, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment