Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fights and Photocopies

So, in all the jobs that I have had before, fights normally were the result of alcohol. Luckly, as a Yearbook Rep I never had to deal with any school fights/shootings, etc, though my co-workers did. Haven't all of my previous jobs been at family friendly establishments you ask? Yes, Chuck E Cheese and Walt Disney World. Both run by rodents, sell alcohol and often are visited by tired parents and sometimes cranky children. Thankfully, the library is none of the above. The only thing I have to say is that you just never know whats gonna go down at the library.

Today was also a day in lessons of patience with the Photocopier. One day, we will Office Space it! I have often wanted to buy an outdated shell of a device on eBay just to take a baseball bat to it, though I'm just not sure if it would have the same personal satisfaction as if I was to dismantle the actual offending object.

Why is it that the desk will be slammed, until I get here and sit down? Do I really scare all the people away? I promise I shower and brush my teeth before I come to work! I don't smell and I'm a nice person. Really, I am.

Wish I had something witty to say, but my mind feels like mush. However, I am very much looking forward to next week and all the fun YA events I get to do! One more week down, with seven left to go. The end of this internship is the one thing I am not counting down till the end, I am really enjoying myself and learning a lot. Somedays, I even feel like a real librarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment