Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Making Magic, Library style

I am having a hard time believing that tomorrow is July 1st and that my internship is almost over. July will be an exciting month for me, filled with Gaming Labs, Focus Groups, and computer instruction. Everything is starting to come together, and my learning objectives are starting to be completed. Instead of feeling witty, I am feeling reflective. Only 10 more intern days left in 29 calendar days. Oh my! August 7th will be here before I know it.

I feel comfortable on the Ref desk, and enjoy the time I spend interacting with the patrons. So far I have gotten to experience a wide variety of events and activities. I have made some mistakes, at least I learn from them and never make the same ones twice. My only hope is that I have done several things right as well!

Tonight's intern homework on the Class Discussion Board was about whether or not our internship site is customer-centered. Having worked here for almost 2 years, I feel I have a more full understand of the organization then if this was truly only my 50th day. I am incredibly lucky to work and live in Henrico. Doing the post for the Discussion Board made me look closer and evaluate what Henrico does to make the experience better for the patron. How we work to eliminate barriers and respond to their needs. We may not always been in front of the curve, but we respond quickly and with purpose when we make changes.

Finally have the details for my Focus Groups, and so I am spending my time preparing for all of the work I have coming up in the next three weeks. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's gaming lab @TU!

No comments:

Post a Comment