Monday, December 31, 2012

Sorry Mayans, we are still here!

Here we are, the last day of 2012, and what a year it has been. This past year has been trying in new and unexpected ways. It has also given us some of the best YA literature that I have ever had the privilege of reading, reviewing or even just adding to my massively growing "to-read" pile.

One of the greatest gifts I received this year was our wonderful Melissa, who is in charge of collection development, deciding to start sending me and Lisa, our Children's Librarian, all the children's and YA ARCs that she receives from Baker and Taylor through out the year. It was been so much fun to read and review several of the titles that have landed on my desk. Unfortunately, I couldn't read them all, but I will do better in 2013! But, 16 for the second half of 2012 isn't a shabby start.

My 17th and last review for the year, unfortunately won't be ready until after the new year. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken was published on the 18th of December. It is amazing and I didn't want it to be left out completely before the new year. Having a somewhat unplanned surgery on the 14th has really thrown a wrench into my month. I know that I never really post personal information on here, but I wanted to go ahead and share. Each surgery that I have had (5 in the last 2 years), seems to take me longer for my vision to recover enough for me to read a book. But, 2012 is over and I am looking to a new year filled with health, happiness, amazing journeys and YA books:)

So to end 2012 I thought I would share my top 12 reads this year. They are in no particular order and not all of them were reviewed here, but here they are my top 12 of 2012!

1: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

2: Safekeeping by Karen Hesse

3: The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater

4: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield

5: Envy & Betrayal, the Empty Coffin Series, by Gregg Olsen

6: The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde

7: Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride

8: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

9: Mark of Athena, the Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan

10: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

11: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

and

12: The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Happy 2013 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment