Thursday, July 29, 2010

Game Over

Today at Tuckahoe was my last official intern duty and my last Open Teen Gaming lab. Strange as it may seem, I was glad that this week I just had my six regulars. Like normal, Counter Strike was enjoyed by all! I took the opportunity to write up my focus group evaluations, its only 6+ pages.


I cannot believe that this experience is over all ready, and that three months have flown by so fast. All the hours are earned, the events are done, the reports are written, the t's crossed and the i's dotted. In one week I will leave for Tallahassee to see Florida State for the first, and last time. I will attend the School of Library and Information Studies Graduation Reception and finally get to meet some of my professors and classmates. Then finally, on the 7th I will put on that cap and gown and walk across the stage, becoming an alumna of my third school.


I have learned a great deal over the course of this semester, and over the past two years in this program. I am glad that I took the opportunities to step outside my comfort zone when I could. There are also so many people I have to thank, everyone was so helpful and willing to share. Thank you to all at DU for taking me under your wing, I am incredibly lucky to work with such great people. Thank you KC especially for being my supervisor and putting up with me, my treatments, and being able to coordinate such a crazy schedule. TW and TU opened their doors to me, and AM of TW opened her arms and her brain. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.


So today it's Game Over, the End! Thank you for playing along and sharing this internship with me. It has been one of the best experiences in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment